All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn invator praised as one of the inventors of the new space opera, Peter F. Hamilton has also been hailed as the heir of such golden-age giants as Heinlein and Asimov. His star-spanning sagas are distinguished by deft plotting, engaging characters, provocative explorations of science and society, and soaring imaginative reach. Now, in one of the most eagerly anticipated offerings of the year, Hamilton brings his acclaimed Void trilogy to a stunning close.Exposed as the Second Dreamer, Araminta has become the target of a galaxywide search by government agent Paula Myo and the psychopath kwn as the Cat, along with others equally determined to prevent-or facilitate-the pilgrimage of the Living Dream cult into the heart of the Void. An indestructible microuniverse, the Void may contain paradise, as the cultists believe, but it is also a deadly threat. For the miraculous reality that exists inside its boundaries demands energy-energy drawn from everything outside those boundaries: from planets, stars, galaxies...from everything that lives.Meanwhile, the parallel story of Edeard, the Waterwalker-as told through a series of addictive dreams communicated to the gaiasphere via Inigo, the First Dreamer-continues to unfold. But w the inspirational tale of this idealistic young man takes a darker and more troubling turn as he finds himself faced with powerful new enemies-and temptations more powerful still. With time running out, a repentant Inigo must decide whether to release Edeard's final dream: a dream whose message is scarcely less dangerous than the pilgrimage promises to be. And Araminta must choose whether to run from her unwanted responsibilities or face them down, with guarantee of success or survival. But all these choices may be for naught if the momaniacal Ilanthe, leader of the breakaway Accelerator Faction, is able to enter the Void. For it is t paradise she seeks there, but dominion.
- Author BiographyPeter F. Hamilton was born in Rutland in 1960 and still lives near Rutland Water. He began writing in 1987 and sold his first short story to Fear magazine in 1988. He has also been published in Interzone and the anthologies In Dreams and New Worlds, as well as in several small-press publications. His novels include the Greg Mandel series-Mindstar Rising, A Quantum Murder, and The Nano Flower-and the bestselling Night's Dawn trilogy, The Reality Dysfunction, The Neutronium Alchemist, and The Naked God. He is also the author of A Second Chance at Eden, a novella and six short stories set in the same brilliantly realized universe, and The Confederation Handbook, a vital guide to the Night's Dawn trilogy. Among his most recent novels are Fallen Dragon and Misspent Youth. British narrator John Lee has read audiobooks in almost every conceivable genre, from Charles Dickens to Patrick O'Brian, and from the very real life of Napoleon to the entirely imagined lives of sorcerers and swashbucklers. He has won numerous Audie Awards and AudioFile Earphones Awards, and he was named a Golden Voice by AudioFile in 2009. Lee is also an accomplished stage actor and wrote and coproduced the feature films Breathing Hard and Forfeit.
- Author(s)Peter F. Hamilton
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication31/08/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleVoid Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight101 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Narrator(s)John Lee
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1440
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.