All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharles Darwin's book The Origin of Species, published in 1859, had a wide impact in the United States and influenced thinking in many different fields of intellectual inquiry. The Evolutionists examines the major American thinkers who addressed Darwin's ideas and gave them applications. The book reviews the controversies evolutionary thinking introduced in science, religion, sociology, feminism, ecomics, law, and philosophy.
- Author BiographyJ. David Hoeveler is professor of history at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has written several books in American intellectual history, most recently Creating the American Mind: Intellect and Politics in the Colonial Colleges.
- Author(s)J. David Hoeveler
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCritical Issues in American History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date09/07/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.