All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $25.19Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe Evolving Military Balance in the Korean Peninsula and Northeast Asia describes the strategy, force deployments, and the military balance in potential current and future scenarios involving the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, People's Republic of China, Japan, and the United States. The analysis in these volumes shows how tensions between the Koreas-and the potential involvement of the China, Japan, Russia, and the United States-create a nearly open-ended spectrum of possible conflicts. These range from posturing and threats ( wars of intimidation ) to a major conventional conflict on the Korean Peninsula to intervention by outside powers like the United States and China to the extreme of nuclear conflict. The analysis shows that the Korean balance is sharply affected by the uncertain mix of cooperation and competition between the United States and China. The U.S. rebalancing of its forces to Asia and the steady modernization of Chinese forces, in particular the growth of Chinese sea-air-missile capabilities, affect the balance in the Koreas and Northeast Asia. They also raise the possibility of far more intense conflicts that could extend far beyond the boundaries of the Koreas.
- Author BiographyAnthony H. Cordesman holds the Arleigh A. Burke Chair in Strategy at CSIS. During his time at CSIS, he has authored over 75 books and reports. Ashley Hess was a research intern with the Burke Chair at CSIS.
- Author(s)Anthony H. Cordesman,Ashley Hess
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/07/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleCSIS Reports
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour tables, maps, figures
- Weight594 g
- Width214 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.