All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first Little America's Cup, held in 1961 in Long Island, came about when the United States challenged Great Britain in a technical and sporting event, with the winner receiving a trophy engraved The International Catamaran Challenge Trophy. Today, the Little Cup is officially called the C-Class World Championship, and more than just a competition, it has become an applied-techlogy lab for small racing catamarans. Handsomely illustrated with over one hundred photographs and diagrams, designs, and maps made by Francois Chevalier, the book describes, via the twenty-five championships held since 1961, t only the regattas themselves but also the sailors, the history of cutting-edge techlogical discoveries, as well as the architecture of the catamarans moving at the very fastest speeds. The book is sponsored by the Hydros Foundation: The Hydros Foundation is committed to educating and raising general awareness on energy-efficiency issues. With a special focus on young generations, it supports initiatives that leverage the power of techlogy to make a better use of the energy we have at our disposal. Hydros Foundation spreads its message through four main initiatives: the HYDROcontest, the LITTLECUP (kwn as the little America's Cup), the Efficient Energy Tour and the Efficient Energy Education Program.
- Author BiographyFrancois Chevalier is a naval architect. Since 1982, he has been a journalist for the Cahiers du Yachting and Voiles & Voiliers specialist sailing magazines and has written for newspapers such as Le Monde, La Croix and La Tribune de Geneve. He is an author and illustrator of reference works on the history of French and international yachting, and has notably received the 1988 Salon du Livre Maritime prize, the 1994 Patrimoine Maritime award and the Neptunia Prize in 1994.
- Author(s)Francois Chevalier
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1928 g
- Width279 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.