Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis paperback edition of Dr Hudson's advanced textbook presents the theory of small disturbances propagating through solids. The material is set out carefully in mathematical detail. The linearised theory of elasticity has w been replaced by a more fundamental approach based on a generalised theory of continuum mechanics. Despite this change of emphasis in solid mechanics there remain important areas of physics in which the linear theory is clearly of fundamental importance, especially in seismology, ise analysis and the n-destructive testing of materials. This is a textbook suitable for advanced undergraduates in a variety of disciplines, including applied mathematics, applied physics, geophysics and structural and civil engineering. The book is of particular interest to seismologists and physicists engaged in n-destructive testing.
- Author(s)J. A. Hudson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/09/1984
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Mechanics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noted.
- Weight310 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.