The Executioner's Men: Lo Zetas, Rogue Soldiers, Criminal Entrepreneurs, and the Shadow State They Created by Samuel Logan, George W. Grayson (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $66.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
A new generation of ruthless pragmatists carves a parallel state across Mexico and Central America. Most powerful among them is Los Zetas, ruled over by Heriberto Lazca, kwn as The Executioner. Lazca and his men have forced a tectonic shift among drug trafficking organizations in the Americas, forever altering how criminal business is conducted in the Western Hemisphere. This narrative brings an unprecedented level of detail in describing how Los Zetas became Mexico's most diabolical criminal organization.
Criminals control networks of police, politician, and businessmen spanning the American continent. The Mexican government is losing its war on drugs, despite the military, technical, and intelligence resources provided by its rthern neighbor. Subcontracted street gangs operate in hundreds of US cities, purchasing weapons, delivering product, executing targeted foes, and bribing the US Border Patrol.
Despite suffering severe losses that would cripple any major corporation, Los Zetas continues to operate internationally in criminal markets. Many of the poor and destitute across the region cooperate with Los Zetas, sometimes for money, often because of coercion.
- Author BiographyGeorge W. Grayson is the Class of 1938 Professor of Government at the College of William & Mary, an associate scholar at Foreign Policy Research Institute, and a senior associate at the Center for Strategic & International Studies. He is the author of Mexico's Struggle with Drugs and Thugs and Mexico : Narco-Violence and a Failed State? || Samuel Logan is the founder of Southern Pulse, a human intelligence-based private investigations organiation, a senior writer for the International Relations and Security Network, a member of the HarperCollins Speakers Bureau, and a story consultant for National Geographic Television. His works include This Is for the Mara Salvatrucha, America's Most Violent Gang, The Reality of a Mexican Mega Cartel , and Mexico's Criminal Organiations .
- Author(s)George W. Grayson,Samuel Logan
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationSomerset, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight542 g
- Width160 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61