All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou have been named the executor of a will by a friend or family member. Are you prepared to meet the challenge and do you kw how to avoid personal liability? Thousands of individuals each year face the daunting and often painful task of settling the estate of a loved one, and even with professional guidance from attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors, they are often ill-equipped to deal with many of the tasks necessary to manage and settle an estate-and may put themselves at serious financial risk. The Executor's Guide is the definitive instruction manual for anyone administering an estate under a will. Featuring step-by-step instructions, worksheets, checklists, and timetables, The Executor's Guide takes the reader through the entire process-from the time of death to the final closing of the estate. The Executor's Guide explains the full range of roles and responsibilities of the executor, including reading the will, hiring and supervising the attorney, dealing with court proceedings, tifying those who are entitled to property, finding and valuing assets, settling with creditors, filing taxes, and distributing the assets. Unique and highly practical elements include a comprehensive Summary of Assets (from Annuities to Videos), a glossary of essential terms, and a series of key questions to ask your attorney. Written in highly accessible language by an expert in the field, The Executor's Guide is at once authoritative and user-friendly-an essential resource for any family.
- Author BiographyLINDA KIRBY is an attorney in Wichita, Kansas, who, since 1988, has focused her practice on probate administration, estate planning, pre-marital agreements, wills, trusts, and estate planning. Formerly Professor of Law at the University of Richmond, she has taught at Newman University, Wichita State University, and in continuing education programs for the Wichita Bar Association, Certified Financial Planners, and Certified Life Underwriters.
- Author(s)Linda K. Kirby
- Date of Publication30/05/2004
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight647 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.