All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine, The Exercise Professional's Guide to Optimizing Health enables you to design and implement exercise programs based on the latest research to help people avoid the onset of chronic disease. Moreover, it shows you how to design exercise programs so that people with chronic disease can safely benefit from exercise. This text begins with an overview of the epidemiology of chronic disease and is then divided into three parts. Part One clearly explains pathophysiology concepts common to all chronic diseases as well as the healthful effects of exercise and nutrition. Part Two covers atherosclerosis, obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome, hypertension, and dyslipidemia, with specific recommendations for effective exercise programs to manage each disease. Finally, Part Three discusses behavior change and then summarizes all the exercise prescription information for each chronic disease in a single chapter.
- Author BiographyJeffrey L. Roitman, EdD, FACSM. Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Exercise and Sports Science, Rockhurst University, Kansas City. Former Director of Cardiac Rehabilitation at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, MO. Tom LaFontaine, PhD, ACSM RCEP, NSCA-CPT, FACSM, FAACVPR. Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Optimus: The Center for Health, Columbia, MO; PREVENT Consulting Services, LLC; Dept of Nutrition and Dept of Exercise Physiology, University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Author(s)Jeffrey L. Roitman,Tom La Fontaine
- PublisherLippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width184 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.