All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeading theorist and art curator Nicolas Bourriaud tackles the excluded, the disposable and the nature of waste by looking to the future of art-the exform. He argues that the great theoretical battles to come will be fought in the realms of ideology, psychoanalysis and art. A realist theory and practice must begin by uncovering the mechanisms that create the distinctions between the productive and unproductive, product and waste, and the included and excluded. To do this we must go back to the towering theorist of ideology Louis Althusser and examine how ideology conditions political discourse in ways that rmalize cultural, racial and ecomic practices of exclusion.
- Author BiographyNicolas Bourriaud (born 1965) is the Director of the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts, an art school in Paris, France. He co-founded, and from1999 to 2006 was co-director of the Palais de Tokyo, Paris together with Jerome Sans. He was also founder and director of the contemporary art magazine Documents sur l'art (1992-2000), and correspondent in Paris for Flash Art from 1987 to1995. Bourriaud was the Gulbenkian curator of contemporary art from 2008-2010 at Tate Britain, London, and in 2009 he curated the fourth Tate Triennial there, entitled Altermodern.
- Author(s)Nicolas Bourriaud
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight367 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.