All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngagingly written and colorfully illustrated, The Experience of Modern Sculpture leads us to understand, and take pleasure in, the sculpture of the 20th and 21st centuries. It helps us see the different facets of modernism: the evolution of the figure, abstraction, land art, the new materials used in sculpture, and more. It shows us how modern sculpture has fascinating links to ancient art, to science, and to the world around us. Using more than 100 examples by artists ranging from Picasso and Giacometti to Oldenburg, Hesse, and Serra, the guide focuses on how these pieces of art communicate. This new approach brings fresh insights to an important area of art, and it deepens the pleasure we can get from the last hundred years of sculptural creativity.
- Author BiographyPhilip F. Palmedos writings on art include articles, essays, monographs, and several books on modern sculpture. He studied art history at Williams College and holds a PhD degree from MIT, where he serves on the Council for the Arts.
- Author(s)Philip F. Palmedo
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note156 colour & b/w photos
- Weight1535 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.