All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Exposome: A Primer is the first book dedicated to exposomics, detailing the purpose and scope of this emerging field of study, its practical applications and how it complements a broad range of disciplines. Genetic causes account for up to a third of all complex diseases. (As gemic approaches improve, this is likely to rise.) Environmental factors also influence human disease but, unlike with genetics, there is standard or systematic way to measure the influence of environmental exposures. The exposome is an emerging concept that hopes to address this, measuring the effects of life-long environmental exposures on health and how these exposures can influence disease. This systematic introduction considers topics of managing and integrating exposome data (including maps, models, computation, and systems biology), -omics -based techlogies, and more. Both students and scientists in disciplines including toxicology, environmental health, epidemiology, and public health will benefit from this rigorous yet readable overview.
- Author BiographyGary W. Miller, PhD is the Asa Griggs Candler Professor of Environmental Health and Associate Dean for Research in the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University. He is Director of the HERCULES Exposome Research Center at Emory. His research interests include the role of environmental factors in Parkinson's disease and the regulation of dopamine signaling in the brain. He is also Editor-in-Chief of Toxicological Sciences, the official journal of the Society of Toxicology.
- Author(s)Gary Miller
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.