All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe extent of Christ s atoning work on the cross is one of the most divisive issues in evangelical Christianity. In The Extent of the Atonement: A Historical and Critical Review, David L. Allen makes a biblical, historical, theological, and practical case for a universal atonement. Through a comprehensive historical survey, Allen contends that universal atonement has always been the majority view of Christians, and that even among Calvinist theologians there is a considerable range of views. Marshalling evidence from Scripture and history, and critiquing arguments for a limited atonement, Allen affirms that an unlimited atonement is the best understanding of Christ s saving work. He concludes by showing that an unlimited atonement provides the best foundation for evangelism, missions, and preaching.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Allenserved as dean of the School of Theology at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, TX, for 12 years and is currently dean of the School of Preaching, distinguished professor of preaching, George W. Truett Chair of Ministry, and director of the Center for Biblical Preaching at Southwestern.
- Author(s)David L Allen
- PublisherB&H Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintB&H Publishing Group
- Weight91 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.