All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnna Swan was born at Millbrook Colchester Co., NS on August 6, 1846. When Anna was three years old the family moved to Central New Annan. At 17 years of age she was 7-feet- 11 1/2 inches tall and weighed 413 lbs, and attracted the interest of showman Phineas T. Barnum. She was billed as The tallest girl in the world at his American Museum on Broadway, and she later travelled throughout America and Europe where she was received by Queen Victoria. She married Martin Van Buren Bates in 1871 and died in Seville Ohio, in 1888. Hailed as the pride of Nova Scotia, Anna continues to be acclaimed as a woman who, despite her unusual and challenging physical attributes, rose above adversity to lead a life of love, happiness and great accomplishments.
- Author(s)Anne Renaud
- PublisherCape Breton University Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCape Breton University Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight119 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.