Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $3.50 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by hallsbooks_123
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in London in 1918, The Eye in the Door is an intense and profoundly intelligent examination of the effects of war, continuing the interwoven stories of Dr William Rivers, Billy Prior, and Siegfried Sassoon begun in Regeneration . The Eye in the Door was awarded the 1993 Guardian Fiction Prize, while the final volume in the Regeneration trilogy, The Ghost Road , won the Booker Prize in 1995. Writing in the Sunday Times , Peter Kemp said, 'In the climate of exhaustion and hysteria amid which the war is wearing to its close, pressures to fall into line become fierce and take ugly forms. At the forefront of her story, Barker places figures especially menaced by this: pacifists, conscientious objectors and homosexuals ...a sequel every bit as unwaveringly intense and intelligent as its predecessor'.
- Author BiographyPat Barker was born in 1943 and educated at LSE. She has published several novels including her highly acclaimed Regeneration Trilogy. The Eye in the Door was winner of the 1993 Guardian Fiction Prize, and The Ghost Road, winner of the 1995 Booker Prize for Fiction. Pat Barker is married and lives in Durham.
- PrizesWinner of Guardian Fiction Prize 1993.
- Author(s)Pat Barker
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/1994
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/04/2008
- Weight212 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.13Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.