All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second vel in English translation by Chavarria, 'one of Latin America's finest writers' according to Edgar Award winning author William Heffernan. 'The Eye of the Cybele' is an epic mystery set in ancient Greece in the time of Pericles. A mad priest and an entracning whore join the likes of Alcibiades and Socrates in a quest for a lost jewel - the Dyndimenian Eye. Chavarria's kwledge of Greek history and command of language guides him masterfully through this tremendous literary feat.
- Author BiographyDaniel Chavarria's novels, short stories, literary journalism, and screenplays have reached audiences throughout Latin America and Europe. Uruguayan by birth, he has taught Latin, Greek, and Classical Literature for years. Adios Muchachos was his first novel to be published in English translation.
- Author(s)Daniel Chavarria
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/01/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Weight761 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.