All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1996, The Eyes of the Skin has become a classic of architectural theory. For every new intake of students studying Pallasmaa s classic text, The Eyes of the Skin provides a totally fresh understanding of architecture and a new set of insights. This third edition is intended to meet students desire for a further understanding of the context of Pallasmaa s thinking by providing a new essay by architectural author and educator Peter MacKeith. This text combines both a biographical portrait of Pallasmaa and an outline of his architectural thinking. The new edition will includes a new preface by the internationally rewned architect Steven Holl and a revised introduction by Pallasmaa himself.
- Author BiographyJuhani Pallasmaa is one of Finland s most distinguished architects and architectural thinkers. His previous positions include: Rector of the Institute of Industrial Arts, Helsinki; Director of the Museum of Finnish Architecture, Helsinki; and Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, Helsinki University of Technology. He has also held visiting professorships at several universities worldwide. Pallasmaa is the author/editor of over thirty books, including The Eyes of the Skin: Architecture and the Senses (Academy, 1995 and John Wiley & Sons, 2005), The Thinking Hand: Existential and Embodied Wisdom in Architecture (John Wiley & Sons, 2009) and The Embodied Image: Imagination and Imagery in Architecture (John Wiley & Sons, 2011). Peter MacKeith is Associate Dean and Associate Professor of Architecture at the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts, Washington University in St Louis. He has held academic positions and worked in design practices in both Finland and the United States, and has written and lectured extensively on Finnish and Nordic architecture.
- Author(s)Juhani Pallasmaa
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight262 g
- Width131 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.