All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrue or false? Shakespeare didn't write his own plays Shakespeare burnt down the Globe Theatre! The Great Bard beat the Black Death! The great playwright couldn't spell his own name Explore the life and works of the world's great playwright, William Shakespeare. This book examines the myths and legends about Shakespeare's birth and death, his plays, his writing partners, the Globe Theatre, his audience and his family life! In 'The Bard's Best Bits' we learn which Shakespearean quotes and phrases are still part of our everyday language. The Truth or Busted series explores the fact or fiction behind stuff you THINK you kw in a tongue-in-cheek, humorous way that kids will find unputdownable!
- Author BiographyKay Barnham was born in Barrow-in-Furness, grew up in Carlisle, went to college in Brighton, and lived in Hove for a while, before sailing for Kinsale, Co Cork, popping back to Hove and then moving to the New Forest with her husband and daughter. And never at any point has she lived more than ten miles from the sea. She began working in children's publishing in 1992. She was an editor first of all, working on illustrated non-fiction and learning fun facts like how long it would take to walk to the moon - nine years - and how to spell palaeontology. Next, she commissioned fiction titles, editing picture books, storybooks and novels. And then she got the chance to write her own books, which she thinks is quite the best job ever. Except possibly being a chocolatier. She writes non-fiction as Kay Barnham. Her specialist subjects include ice-skating, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, lightning, fairies, Roald Dahl, Sir Isaac Newton, Christmas, dolphins, Florence Nightingale and very bad cracker jokes. And chocolate.She also writes fiction as Kay Woodward, including the Skate School series for Usborne and the novels Jane Airhead and Wuthering Hearts for Andersen Press. Altogether, she's written about a hundred books. Her favourite colour is navy blue. Her favourite chocolate is 85% cocoa solids.
- Author(s)Kay Barnham
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleTruth or Busted
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 15
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.