All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive examination of sexuality and intellectual disabilities. The volume enables professionals to support people with intellectual disabilities in making decisions regarding their sexuality. The first section of the book explores the relationship between special education and sexuality education. The second section discusses sexuality and intellectual disability as a cultural phemen. Section three addresses the risks associated with sexual activity. The final section of the book suggests and defines various types of treatment, education, counseling, and therapy. It also examines issues of consent, abuse, dysfunction, and mental health.
- Author BiographyLeslie Walker-Hirsch is a Social Development and Sexuality Consultant at Moonstone Group Sexuality Consultation and Education Services in New York.
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byLeslie Walker-Hirsch
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.