The Failure of Success: Redefining What Matters by Jennifer Kavanagh (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.08+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe concepts of success and failure are embedded in our culture, but how real are they? From a wide range of answers and her own experience, Jennifer Kavanagh explores some of the stereotypes on which these concepts are based, and reveals what people feel really matters in their lives. There is a growing acceptance that failure can t only lead to success but can open us to profound change. If we let go of the quest for individual perfection, and accept what is, our lives and relationships will be enriched. If we let go of our judgemental behaviour, we will longer view life in terms of success or failure. If we let go of the need to control our lives, we will let go of goals and expectation. If we let go of our attachment to outcomes, we will be content with where and who we are. We may even go beyond the duality of opposites to an understanding of essential unity. Putting one foot in front of the other, neither afraid of failure r triumphant with success. Living, in other words.
- Author BiographyJennifer Kavanagh worked in publishing for nearly thirty years, the last fourteen as an independent literary agent. In the past ten years she has run a community centre in London's East End, worked with street homeless people and refugees, and set up microcredit programmes in London, and in Africa. She has also worked as a research associate for the Prison Reform Trust and currently facilitates workshops for conflict resolution both in prison and in the community. Jennifer contributes regularly to the Quaker press, and is an associate tutor at Woodbrooke Quaker study centre. Her books include Call of the Bell Bird (Quaker Books), The World is our Cloister (O Books), Journey Home (O Books), Simplicity Made Easy (O Books) and, as editor, New Light (O Books). She lives in London. Small Change, Big Deal: Money as if people mattered and The Failure of Success: Redefining what matters will be published in 2012.
- Author(s)Jennifer Kavanagh
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.