All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fair Trade Scandal takes aim at the Fair Trade consumer movement which many assume to be entirely benign. Through a razor-sharp analysis based on insider kwledge, Ndongo Sylla shows that there is a big gap between the rhetoric of Fair Trade and its practical results. Sylla shows empirically that Fair Trade excludes those who need it the most and that its benefits are essentially captured by the wealthiest groups in the supply chain. Based on his experience of working for Fairtrade International, Sylla shows the flaws in the Fair Trade system which compromise its ethical mission. The Fair Trade Scandal is both a provocative and deeply informative exploration of the Fair Trade phemen, suitable for specialists and n-specialists alike.
- Author BiographyNdongo Samba Sylla is a Research and Programme Manager for the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation. He is the editor of Rediscover Sankara, Freedom Martyr.
- Author(s)Ndongo Samba Sylla
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.