All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.73Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionAlexandra Day has a knack for surprising juxtapositions.In fact, she is famous for it.She is the creator of a fierce looking Rottweiler named Carl who gently tends to an infant in a series of children s books that began in 1985.Now comes The Fairy Dogfather. A young boy, Hector, has trouble differentiating the letters D and G.Thus when he writes a request to the universe that he needs a fairy godfather, well, the Fairy Dogfather arrives instead.The Fairy Dogfather is a big black and brown who wears a fedora and beautiful brown jacket, smokes a cigar, and isn t at all what Hector had in mind.He uses a lot of big words, and instead of simply granting Hector s wishes, like a regular fairy godmother, he is a rather demanding visitor.It s understandable that a Fairy Dogfather would arrive hungry and need to check the weather report, but Hector needs a present for his Mom s birthday right away.It looks like his benefactor isn t going to be of much help.But in Day s capable and witty hands the Fairy Dogfather turns out to be a forceful and enigmatic figure who manages, with subtle wit, to grant all of Hector s wishes.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Day is the pen name of Sandra Darling. As Day, she is the creator of the picture-book classic Good Dog, Carl and its beloved sequels, as well as other books. As Darling, she founded the historic Green Tiger Press in 1969 with her husband. Green Tiger Press was sold to Simon & Schuster in the mid-1980's, but has since been reacquired by the Darlings under the Seattle-based Laughing Elephant Publishing. Of her work she says: I think that one of the reasons my illustrations have appealed to people is that they can sense my sincerity. I know that marvels exist which are just outside our ordinary experience, but that at any moment we may turn a corner and encounter one of them. Children also believe this, and because they and I have this conviction in common, we, as creator and audience, make good partners.
- Author(s)Alexandra Day
- PublisherLaughing Elephant
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLaughing Elephant
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width272 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alexandra Day
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.