All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Faith of the Fathers: A Play in Three Acts The library in the home of the Reverend Doctor Ephraim Joseffy, spiritual head of those who worship in Temple B'nai Israel, Pittsburgh. The house is a gift to their rabbi from the synagogue, and the wealth of the congregation can be gauged by the money which has been lavished upon this room. At its inception, a decorator had treated it as a color unit, hampered by such impediments as the architect structurally put into his way; and the color idea has, on the whole, been maintained through the various changes the room has since undergone. The treatment is brown against green: the floor is stained brown, the walls with their sweep of built-in bookshelves are of oak, the William and Mary and the late Jacobean furniture is of oak, the fireplace against the rear wall is in a rough brown brick, the ceiling is beamed in oak; the required green is in the upholstering, in the pongee silk casement curtains, in the handsomely brocaded velour cushions, and in the velour portieres. So much for the color impression. The room itself is long, with a door to the right which opens into the living room, a door in the upper right hand corner to which two steps rise which lead to the hall, and casement windows at the left which look out on a garden. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Henry Berman
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.