All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe Faithful Parent provides parents with the tools necessary to develop their 'philosophical faith' in order to live more fulfilling lives while guiding their children with greater purpose. Philosophical faith begins with a belief in one's self, akin to a sixth sense or intuition, which can help navigate the obstacles of everyday life. The Faithful Parent explores this worldly faith in several ways: faith in self, faith in the hidden meaning and coherence of the world, faith in the child, faith in reason, and faith in faith itself, or faith that it is worthwhile to work at developing faith.
- Author BiographySeamus Carey teaches philosophy at Manhattan College, and is the author of The Whole Child: Restoring Wonder to the Art of Parenting. He is the father of two daughters and one son.
- Author(s)Seamus Carey
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/05/2007
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width136 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.