Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRob and Jamie are great friends from childhood. They have grown up together and become top climbers, but have since become estranged. Rob is nevertheless amazed and grief-stricken when he hears of Jamie's death after a fall on a relatively easy Welsh rockface. The past, though, hides the secret clues behind the tragedy. Layer by layer Simon Mawer peels back what happened, going t only into the friends' childhoods but that of their parents - who were also intimate. And there is escaping that past - vividly imagined scenes in the London of the Blitz reveal how through two generations Rob and Jamie and their respective parents have been addicted - to desire and the heady dangers of climbing. Brilliantly structured as we move from past to present and back again, this vel will make Simon Mawer's literary reputation.
- Author BiographySimon Mawer was born in 1948 in England, and spent his childhood there, in Cyprus and in Malta. He now lives with his wife and two children in Italy, and teaches at the English School in Rome.
- PrizesWinner of Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature 2003.
- Author(s)Simon Mawer
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight298 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.36New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.21
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $20.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.