All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fallopian tube has until recently been a neglected structure, bypassed by IVF and seen only as a tube that transports the egg to the uterus. More recently, its central role as the site of fertilization and early embryogenesis has been recognized, along with the major effects of tubal disease, such as chlamydia trachomatis, on fertility. Tubal surgery is an option for those women who avoid IVF because of anxiety about medication side-effects or for religious reasons. The tube is also the site for female sterilization and its reversal. This definitive guide to the Fallopian tube and its disorders collates all these topics, with authoritative text covering the spectrum of clinically relevant topics in a digestible fashion. It will be of interest to gynecologists, specialists in reproductive medicine and infertility and family planning, and others with interest in this fascinating and underestimated organ of reproduction.
- Author BiographyWilliam Leigh Ledger MA DPhil FRCOG is Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK and Honorary Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jessop Wing, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield. Adil O. S. Bahathiq PhD is Associate Professor of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Um-Alqura University Medical College, Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Seang Lin Tan MD MBBS FRCOG FRCSC FACOG MMed (O and G) MBA is James Edmund Dodds Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, and Obstetrician and Gynecologist-in-Chief of the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus. 10 tables
- Weight540 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAdil O. S. Bahathiq,Seang Lin Tan,William L. Ledger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.