All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionA man in the 1800s comes upon a beautiful forest and decides to build his home there. When he clears the land, he leaves one special tree to grace his front yard. Over the years, several generations of his family enjoy this tree, but it is endangered by a plan to build a highway. A young boy and his host of animal friends get together to make a stand, and give back to the tree which has given them so much. With lavish illustrations and very few words, David McPhail delivers a timeless environmental message and a heartwarming story for ages 4 to 8.
- Author BiographyDavid McPhail is the author of many books for children, including Mole Music, The Teddy Bear, and the popular Pig Pig stories. He lives with his family in Rye, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)David McPhail
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Out-of-print date22/09/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width194 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)David McPhail
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.