All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book features the photo art of the Sensual Goddess Tarot deck created by Frederick and Oleanna Potter. It is primarily designed to be an art book for collectors of fantasy and sensual photo art. However, included in this book are also descriptions of each card and their meanings as well as a section on how to read the cards with a special description of the Venus Spread which was designed specifically for this deck. And so one could also consider this book to be a companion piece for those who already own the Sensual Goddess Tarot Deck. As this is an art book, if you are looking for a book to teach you how to read Tarot cards or other information on the Tarot, then it would be recommended that you acquire one or more of the many fine works that are currently available by qualified authors. The artwork in this book is the product of almost three years of painstaking production and involved the construction of props and costumes, photorealistic 3D environments, thousands of model photography frames taken and extensive post production work. This deck is a beautiful addition to the Tarot genre and there is other deck like this in the world. Frederick Potter is a world rewn photo artist who has had his work appear in numerous publications, web sites, art galleries and television specials. He is considered by many to be one of the world's foremost experts on photo image manipulation. He has authored the seminal book RAW SKIN - Studio Edition which describes many of the techniques used to create the images you see in this book and has taught at Mount Royal College as well as the Alberta College of Art in Calgary. He currently owns and operates the glamour photo studio Editions by Frederick in Calgary. Oleanna Potter is Frederick's wife, muse and the subject of most of the images created for this Tarot deck. Her spiritual experiences, background and history that led her to meet and marry Frederick were significant factors in the decision to create this Tarot deck. The story of this journey is outlined in the introduction to this book. In all aspects of the concept, Oleanna is the perfect choice to portray the archetype of the Sensual Goddess. This book will undoubtably become a collectors piece, as will the cards themselves. Some may choose too simply purchase the actual deck, however for those who want a greater appreciation of the art itself, this book provides large color reproductions of each card and will be a valuable addition to the collection of any serious aficionado of sensual fine art. The Tarot finds its roots in mediaeval, celtic, pagan and other ancient traditions that celebrate the goddess archetype. Like the many famous paintings, sculptures and drawings from the past great masters who depicted the many forms of goddesses, these illustrations also contain artistic nudity and is intended for adults.
- Author BiographyAn artist, poet, philosopher and image creator, Frederick has a deep passion for creating images that break the mold and transcend the standard templates of traditional photography. His images have been published in numerous magazines and art publications and has won numerous Canadian and international awards for his work, both in photography as well as computer image manipulation. A member of several international photographic associations, his work is now being displayed in galleries in Germany, the United Kingdom and Australia. Frederick has been shooting since 1975 and has worked as staff photographer for Mount Royal College, a photo journalist for Southam News and a freelance fashion photographer for many Calgary agencies. His training includes the Crossfield Institute in New York, The Scitex Training Center in Los Angeles, The Alberta College of Art, Sait and the Banff School of Fine Arts. An expert computer graphics specialist and image retoucher, Frederick's specialty is creating amazing works of art on the computer or retouching a client's image to make them look years younger and cover magazine perfect. No matter what your vision may be, depicting your innermost fantasies or being photographed like a magazine model, Frederick will make you look better than you ever dreamed possible. A dreamer, an author, a patron of the arts, Frederick brings to every glamour and boudoir photo session a perspective that is rarely found in other photographers. Every session is different and every client is unique. Frederick is an internationally acclaimed photo artist, computer artist, designer and author. His work has been published in over 12 countries and has won numerous international awards for excellence. Frederick's work was a three time winner in the international Erotic Signature art competition and appears in the currently published book The World's Greatest Erotic Art of Today. Frederick's work was also celebrated in a four page tribute in Heavy Metal magazine. CTV has produced an Alberta Prime Time segment on Editions by Frederick and his work as well as another Hidden Gem segment on his wife, Oleanna as a pinup model. Frederick distinguishes himself for his unique vision and artistic approach. Shooting from the traditional to the very edgy, Frederick brings a style to each photo session that is unattainable elsewhere.
- Author(s)MR Frederick J Potter
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.