All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionMore and more cooks are turning to their own gardens or to local farmers' markets to find inspiration for their meals. Eating fresh, local produce is a hot trend, but lifelong Vermonter Marie Lawrence has been cooking with produce from her gardens, buying milk from the farmers up the road, and lavishing her family and lucky friends with the fruits of her kitchen labor since she was a kid. In this book she includes recipes for everything from biscuits and breads to pies and cookies, soups and stews to ribs and roasts. Also included are instructions for making cheese, curing meats, canning and preserving, and much more. Organized by month to coordinate with a farmer's calendar, cooks will find delicious recipes including orange date bran muffins and old fashioned pot roast in January, hot spiced maple milk and fried cinnamon buns in March, mint mallow ice cream in July, Vermont cheddar onion bread in October, and almond baked apples with Swedish custard cream in December. Other recipes include grilled chicken with peach maple glaze, veggie tempura, raspberry chocolate chip cheesecake, and dozens of other breads, salads, drinks, and desserts that are fresh from the farmer's kitchen. In addition to the recipes, readers will find old-fashioned household hints, a harvest guide, and a place to record your own favorite family recipes. Whether you have your own farm and garden or support your local farmers' market, this book will make seasonal cooking a true pleasure. Skyhorse Publishing, along our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyMarie W. Lawrence is the author of The Farmer's Cookbook and Creative Cooking for One or Two. She has had a passion for cooking, baking, gardening, and writing for as long as she can remember. She is a third third-generation Vermonter, an elementary school teaching assistant, a mother, and a grandmother. She lives with her husband in Brattleboro, Vermont.
- Author(s)Marie W. Lawrence
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleThe Handbook Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note150 color photos
- Weight828 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.