All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn the quest for ultimate speed, Formula One combines human drama, cutting-edge techlogical invation and high-stakes finance in a thrilling global circus watched by half a billion avid fans. The Fastest Show on Earth: The Mammoth Book of Formula 1 brings the FIA Formula One World Championship vividly to life for everyone from first-time race-goers to avid fans wanting to delve even further into the Fastest Show on Earth. Experts from within the industry share their insights into the effect that recent revolutionary changes to regulations have had on engines, tyres, brakes, aerodynamics, fuel, safety and the use of date in a whole new era of racing. It is both a superb technical guide - including circuit diagrams, team histories, driver profiles and a comprehensive glossary - and a fantastic collection of writing offering fascinating insights into the inner workings of a world that offers everything from tragedy to thrilling triumph. From the cut-throat intrigue of the Piranha Club to the unsung heroism of the pit lane, every aspect of Formula One is covered in compelling detail. The tragedy of bygone eras is skilfully evoked in 'The Limit' and 'Jochen Rindt: Uncrowned King' while the unending quest by drivers to find the mysterious 'zone' is explored in 'Overdrive'. Much more than just a sport and far more than a business, Formula One is a world of larger-than-life personalities and razor-sharp businesspeople who reveal their leadership skills in 'The Business of Winning' and their ability to invate in 'Performance at the Limit'. There is also a window into the very private world of the ultimate ringmaster in 'Bernie's Game'. This extensive guide includes the official FIA circuit diagrams, team histories, driver profiles, circuit fast facts, technical braking profiles, a special section on the history of Formula One in the US and the most comprehensive glossary of Formula One terms ever compiled.
- Author BiographyChicane is the newest team in Formula One, the acclaimed industry publication dedicated to the three pillars of the sport's on-track and off-track future: innovation, technology and sustainability. A new and pioneering magazine, it provides a fresh and unique perspective on both the sport and the business of Formula One.
- PublisherRunning Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRunning Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.