Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionAlan Richardson is back with a ground-breaking esoteric satire, The Fat Git, with a rip-roaring cast of characters including Abrose Hart, the Merlin of Strathnaddair; his reluctant nephew, Arthur; the mythical seductress, Vivienne, and the dastardly evil Vortig. Richardson takes prisoners with his take on psychic pretentiousness, taking mythical simulacra and Arthurian archetypes to levels of absurdity, yet always displaying trenchant psychological insights and a sound background in the deeper aspects of occultism. This mix of mundane and fantastic, at wild odds with each other, is reminiscent of the work of Charles Williams, and perhaps one or two of his fellow Inklings. Richardson does t hold back from lambasting certain quarters with his icoclastic wit but seems to be saying something that needs to be said. With great humour and panache, he provides a riveting burlesque of modern magic and the Arthurian Mysteries.
- Author BiographyAlan Richardson is a well-known author of many books on magic and occultism. He has written biographies of such occult luminaries as Dion Fortune, Aleister Crowley, Christine Hartley and William G. Gray.
- Author(s)Alan Richardson
- PublisherSkylight Press
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSkylight Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight175 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.