All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this, his much-loved first vel, Leonard Cohen etches the youth and early manhood of Lawrence Breavman, the only son of wealthy Jewish parents in Montreal. Finding literary fame as a student, Breavman does penance through manual labour, before eventually fleeing to New York to escape the claims of his family and native city. In a tour de force of lyrical writing, Cohen paints a vivid, intoxicating picture of a young man's journey through the chaos and complexity of life, love and literature.
- Author BiographyLeonard Cohen was born in Montreal in 1934. His collecitons The Spice-Box of Earth, Book of Mercy and the bestselling Collected Poems established his international reputation as a poet. Alongside his records he has published further collections of poetry and two novels. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Leonard Cohen
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication05/12/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight208 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.