All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSome fears are genetically wired. Others begin in childhood or adolescence and may leave us feeling inadequate to face the dangerous unkwn. Dr. Shrand, a leading expert on the psychology of fear, teaches us how to use the rational parts of our brain to change our perspective and respond rationally to fears as they present themselves. Shrand's iMaximum resiliency-based approach starts with the assumption that we're all doing the best we can with what we kw at any given time. Using this mindset as a foundation, this model features five proven strategies to: * Find better ways to connect with others to reduce fear. * Transform fear into trust * Explore our biological responses to fear * Look at the role of social groups and society in fostering fear * Examine the role of fear in our childhood and home life. By developing a radical self-acceptance that allows us to step back and question our fearful thoughts, we can confront and process them in healthier ways, leading to a better, more confident self.
- Author BiographyJoseph Shrand, MD, is triple Board certified in adult psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry and addiction medicine, is an instructor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, USA, and is medical director of an intervention unit for high-risk teens at the High Point Treatment Centers. He is co-author with Leigh Devine of Manage Your Stress. Dr. Shrand lives in Marshfield, MA, USA.Leigh Devine, MS, has a master of science from the Columbia School of Journalism, USA, and is a journalist, writer, and producer who has created several award winning educational and commercial programs and documentaries. Leigh lives in New York, NY, USA.
- Author(s)Joseph Shrand,Leigh Devine
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.