All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudents learn better when they aren't afraid to take risks and make mistakes. In this book, teacher and popular blogger Joli Barker shows you how to make K-8 students fearless in the classroom so they can engage in deeper learning. You'll discover how to abandon the tion of the teacher as the primary source of information, and instead create a classroom environment in which students can explore problems, test theories, and play games through curiosity, imagination, adaptability, and a passion for learning. Find out how to...* Create fearless learning environments; * Engage in fearless planning and lesson design; * Use fearless grading and assessments; * Teach fearless gamification; * Develop fearless parent relations; and * Get students to ask fearless questions. Throughout the book, you'll find suggested activities for science, social studies, language arts, and math, as well as tools such as rubrics to assist you on your journey.
- Author BiographyJoli Barker is an elementary teacher in Texas. She is Microsoft in Education Master Educator and Global Forum winner. She was the 2013 Texas Computer Education Association's Classroom Teacher of the Year as the TCEA 2013 Classroom Teacher of the Year. She is also one of The National School Board Association's 2014 20 to Watch in education. She has a popular blog, The Fearless Classroom, and also does consulting work in schools.
- Author(s)Joli Barker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.