The FedEx Delivers: How the World's Leading Shipping Company Keeps Innovating and Outperforming the Competition by Madan Birla (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAn inside look at leadership practices that enabled the world's leading shipping company to outthink and outperform its competition Using firsthand accounts from top leaders at FedEx, FedEx Delivers explains how the company became an international powerhouse and one of the most trusted global brands by using leadership practices that tapped into the creativity and commitment of its employees. Both a compelling business story and a prescription for business success, FedEx Delivers presents a model to show how these practices created and sustained an invation culture. Readers will learn how to apply this model to their organizations for developing a culture of invation that evolves with the times and offers fresh solutions to new challenges. Invative thinking and disciplined execution are what made FedEx a market leader, and they can help any business in any industry do the same. Each chapter covers a different aspect of invation with real-life stories that highlight its effectiveness, and offers valuable ideas that lead managers through the process of implementing those practices. By breaking invation down to its three simplest steps generation, acceptance, and implementation of ideas and offering proven leadership practices that really work, FedEx Delivers offers unique insight and invaluable advice on building an organization that can adapt to any challenge and meet any goal in today's highly competitive global ecomy.
- Author BiographyMadan Birla is a veteran of the hard side of business. In his 22 years at FedEx, he was Managing Director of System Form Engineering (Long-Range Operations and Facilities Planning) and Materials and Resource Planning before being named Managing Director and Preceptor in the company's Leadership Institute. For eight years as a member of the Long-Range Planning Committee, he worked closely with Fred Smith and the senior management team in evaluating strategic what-ifs. At the FedEx Leadership Institute, he was a facilitator of Innovation, Leadership, and Life Balance courses for all levels of management throughout the world. For the past three years, he has been advising executives on how to encourage employee creativity and commitment to build a culture of innovation and performance. His life experiences in two rich cultures, East and West, and his broad educational background have prepared him to meld ideas from engineering, business, and psychology to develop comprehensive Leading for Innovation models. He completed his undergraduate work in mechanical engineering at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science in Pilani, India. Following that, he enrolled at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) in Chicago, Illinois, where he received his master of science degree in industrial engineering. After graduating, he joined RCA Records in Indianapolis, Indiana. While in Indianapolis, he did graduate work in business at Butler University. After moving to Memphis to join FedEx, he received a master of science degree in counseling from the University of Memphis.
- Author(s)Madan Birla
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2005
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight419 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.