All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Federalist Papers were written in 1787-1788 and they explain the US Constitution. The Federalist Papers: In Modern Language (1999) was Webster's first translation of the Papers. However, it was still quite difficult to read. This new edition of the Federalist Papers has been translated into 10th-grade reading level. This edition makes the Papers accessible to nearly everyone. The 41-page index in this edition refers to the Paper Number and paragraph number, rather than page number, so that the topics are easily found, even in earlier editions of the Papers.
- Author BiographyMary E Webster is a graduate of St. Paul College and the University of Iowa. Her previous easier-to-read edition of The Federalist Papers--Federalist Papers: In Modern Language--has been praised as making the Papers accessible to people who don't consider themselves scholars. She has worked on this 10th-grade reading level edition since 2001. She is currently working on a study guide to accompany this edition of the Federalist Papers. Webster has a deep love of the United States Constitution and was thrilled to learn that she is related to the Websters who were so important to the country's early history and is a descendant of several signers of The Mayflower Compact.
- Author(s)Mary E Webster
- Date of Publication26/02/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.