The Female Vision: Women's Real Power at Work by Sally Helgesen, Julie Johnson (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.54+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionWomen and men experience the world differently t only do they see things differently, but they see different things. Men tend to have a bottom line, sharply focused, linear way of thinking that excludes any role for emotion or empathy. Women are more empathetic, more aware of the critical impact of interpersonal factors both within and without the organization. Both perspectives are important, but at the moment organizations only reward traditionally male skills and points of view. Based on extensive research and workplace experience, The Female Vision demonstrates that what women perceive in organizations and beyond that goes unticed and unrewarded is exactly what so many companies need to succeed. Helgesen and Johnson delve deeply into the stories of a number of women whose vision improved their companies although often they had to struggle t only against unresponsive organizations, peers, or others, but also against their own personal fears. They show how companies can create environments that welcome and encourage women to share what they tice, to the benefit t only of the women themselves but also, perhaps ironically, to the all important bottom line.
- Author BiographySally Helgesen is the author of five books, including The Female Advantage: Women's Ways of Leadership, which is recognized as the classic work on women's leadership and has been continually in print for fifteen years. As a result of the book's success, Sally is recognized as the brand name expert on the subject of women's leadership. She is a member of the International Women's Forum, The Learning Network, and the Parity Group, and is a founding partner in Helgesen & Glaser, a consulting firm that helps clients to build world class women's initiatives. Julie Johnson, a Harvard MBA, is one of the pioneers who founded the field of executive coaching. For twenty years she has coached America's most successful executive women in a variety of industries, and has built a special niche with female broadcast journalists. Julie remains active in the Harvard Business Women's Network, the Human Resource Planning Society, and the Coaching Coalition (which she co founded). Foreword author Marshall Goldsmith is an author of management-related literature, professor, consultant and executive coach.
- Author(s)Julie Johnson,Sally Helgesen
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width56 mm
- Height84 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Foreword byMarshall Goldsmith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.