All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Brazilian women writers are producing solid, well written works that demonstrate concern for their female, traditional and Brazilian heritage. By applying a syncretic methodology of feminist literary criticism to three works published in 1980 and 1981, this study examines the contemporary female voice in current Brazilian narrative. While differing in theme and expression, As Parceiras, O animal dos moteis and O jogo de Ifa are representative works of contemporary Brazilian women's fiction.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Susan Canty Quinlan is an assistant professor of Portuguese and Spanish at the University of Georgia. She received a B.A. in Spanish from the State University of New York, Buffalo, an M.A. in Portuguese and a Ph.D. in Romance Languages (Luso-Brazilian Literature) from the University of New Mexico. In 1983 she was awarded a Fulbright Hays to Brazil. She has published widely on Brazilian Women's Literature and feminist literary theory. Currently she is co-authoring the book 'Discovering the World: Brazilian Feminist Discourse'.
- Author(s)Susan Canty Quinlan
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1992
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 22: Latin American Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.