All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of six short stories and nine short essays exploring the future world of robots- and fembots in particular-from the author's own unique perspective. The essays cover factual speculations and extrapolations into what could be our very near future, as well as aspects of what to expect from a robotic future. The stories show the resulting relationships and interactions stemming from those speculations and form the basis for the stories-as always, sexy and romantic-that follow. In My First Robot, a young man is given a robot who turns out to be rather more than he expected. Fembot Studies, is where you go to learn just what this fembot thing really is all about. In My Working Weekend, an overworked executive learns what it means to be set up by his boss and boss's fembot assistant. These and oter stories in this collection don't pull any punches about how we will actually relate to and with our robotic companions-if we build them correctly to start with.
- Author BiographyD. B. Story is a writer living in the southwestern United States. While that territory can cover anywhere from New Mexico to Hawaii he declines to be more specific at this time. His use of the time-honored artifice of writing under a pseudonym comes from the necessity to still maintain a day job and the habit of employers to Google new applicants to discover what stupid things said applicant is willing to foolishly do, and then doubly foolishly post for the world to see afterwards. Such invasions of one's personal life become an unnecessary distraction. D. B. Story has long had interests in both Science Fiction (since first discovering his mother's secret cache of Ace Doublebooks stashed under her bed) and writing. In fact, anything he has enjoyed participating in he eventually has a desire to create as well. He seriously began writing (although not selling) stories ten years ago due to a dissatisfaction with what he was reading at the time and the belief that he could do it better. He started out with the interaction between humans and the sexy robots they would inevitably create and later branched out to other erotic Fantasy and SF genres. During that time he has written everything from flash fiction to a 402,000 word novel and a screenplay based on his other writings, as yet unsold. Whether his writing is actually better he admits he must leave to his readers to decide, but he likes his stuff a lot. He has often said that, Writing time is always good time. He also says that with the advent of cheap computers, word processors, eBooks, and the Internet that times have never been better for a diversity of writers to be heard.
- Author(s)D B Story
- Date of Publication22/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectErotic Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.