Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- Description'I cant bear it any longer,' the message read. 'If you love her more than me you must want to be rid of me. I won't stand in your way, my darling. I will simply disappear. Felicity.' Sally Combes has just finished a temporary job as a secretary to her uncle in Bermuda. As a farewell present he arranges for her to go on a cruise round the Caribbean. It seems an ideal holiday, but the night before the ship arrives in Bermuda, Felicity Fennister, one of the passengers, suddenly disappears. At first one seems at all anxious to discover the whereabouts of the missing woman--t even when Sally finds what looks like a suicide te. As sinister events build up into a pattern of violence, Sally is forced to realise that almost anyone on board could hold the key to the puzzle.
- Author BiographyJosephine Bell was born Doris Bell Collier in Manchester, England. Between 1910 and 1916 she studied at Godolphin School, then trained at Newnham College, Cambridge until 1919. At the University College Hospital in London she was granted M.R.C.S. and L.R.C.P. in 1922, and a M.B. B.S. in 1924. Bell was also a prolific author, writing forty-three novels and numerous uncollected short stories during a forty-five year period. Many of her short stories appeared in the London Evening Standard. Using her pen name she wrote numerous detective novels beginning in 1936, and she was well-known for her medical mysteries. Her early books featured the fictional character Dr. David Wintringham who worked at Research Hospital in London as a junior assistant physician. She helped found the Crime Writers' Association in 1953 and served as chair during 1959-60.
- Author(s)Josephine Bell
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.