All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a critical account of the theories, hypotheses and models that have been advanced to explain and to predict population change in various kinds of societies. The author also puts forward and tests a new theoretical treatment to isolate and to explain the conditions and causes of the transition from high to low fertility rates within and among different societies. Two aspects of this new theory are the interacting effects of living standards and the constraints of time, and the ecomic and social factors that in turn are behind these. Among the other factors that are considered are the effects and roles of education, the availability of food, child care, the extent of the female labour force, health and infant mortality, family type, and cultural and social rms and expectations.
- Author(s)Loraine Donaldson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/1991
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note5ill.
- Weight530 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.