All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the emergence of Things Fall Apart in 1958, Chinua Achebe has come to be regarded by many as the 'Godfather' of modern African writing. Over 150 full length studies of his work have been published, together with many hundreds of scholarly articles. This Reader's Guide enables students to navigate the rich and bewildering field of Achebe criticism, setting out the key areas of critical debate, the most influential alternative approaches to his work and the controversies that have so often surrounded it. The Guide examines Achebe's key vels - with the main focus on Things Fall Apart - and also discusses his less well-kwn short fiction. Including discussion of important Nigerian scholarship that is often inaccessible, this is an invaluable introduction to the work of one of Africa's most important and popular writers.
- Author BiographyJAGO MORRISON is Head of English at the University of Chichester, UK. He has published widely on post-war fiction in English, and is the author of Contemporary Fiction (Routledge, 2003) and co-editor of Scandalous Fictions: The Twentieth-Century Novel in the Public Sphere (Palgrave Macmillan, 2006).
- Author(s)Jago Morrison
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication21/08/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleReaders' Guides to Essential Criticism
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight363 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.