All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReplete with madwomen, murderers, musicians, and mystics, Lonely Woman dramatically interweaves the lives of five women. It remains Takako Takahashi's most sustained and multifaceted fictional realization of her concept of loneliness.
- Author BiographyTakako Takahashi has published prolifically in several genres -- short stories, novels, essays, memoirs, and translations of French literature. Her novel Child of Wrath won the prestigious Yomiuri Prize.Maryellen Toman Mori has published numerous essays on and translations of Japanese literature since earning her Ph.D. in that field at Harvard University. Her translation of Abe Kobo's novel, Kangaru noto ( Kangaroo Notebook), won the 1997 PEN Center USA West Literary Award in Translation. Mori has lived in Japan for five years.
- Author(s)Pierre Bourdieu
- PublisherThe University Press Group Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/1993
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleEuropean Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight626 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byRandal Johnson
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.