All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.64
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $8.82Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $9.29Trending at AU $11.26
About this product
- DescriptionAn appealing and n-stereotypical love story with a strong female main character and a pirate - making this book great for both girls and boys. The fierce little woman lived in a house at the end of a jetty. She knitted socks in blue and green wool, to sell to sailors who had got their feet wet. But when there were ships at her jetty, she was quite alone. One stormy day, a pirate came to the house on the jetty. He stood on his toes, and starting tap-tap-tapping on the windowa 'Oh Julia! I'm in love with this book! Everything about it is utterly beautiful: the design, the colour, the characters...It has become such a romantic story. I think she has turned it into a classic that people will hug for generations. That pirate is gorgeous! There is such skill in the way she has moved emotions on the faces throughout the story, It starts off as a dark and lonely, windswept tale and then comes to life and warmth through love. Such a clever illustrator! It is going to be a treasure of a book.' - Joy Cowley
- Author BiographyJoy Cowley's books are loved by children all around the world. Many of them have featured as finalists and winners in the Aim and New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards. Joy has been awarded the OBE for her services to children's writing and in 2004 was presented with the AW Reed Award for Contribution to New Zealand Literature. Sarah Davis is an artist and freelance illustrator who has worked on a wide range of projects, including concept design for movies, toy design and book illustration. Her first picture book was the acclaimed Mending Lucille by Jennifer Poulter. She is now illustrating full time.
- PrizesShortlisted for LIANZA Children's Book Awards: Russell Clark Medal for Illustration 2011.
- Author(s)Joy Cowley
- PublisherGecko Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2010
- ImprintGecko Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width240 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sarah Davis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.