Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fifth vel in the bestselling outlander series. 1771: the Colony of North Carolina stands in an uneasy balance, with the rich, colonial aristocracy on one side and the struggling pioneers of the backcountry on the other. Between them stands Jamie Fraser, a man of hour, a man of worth. Exiled from his beloved Scotland, he is at last possessed of the land he has longed for. By his side his extraordinary wife, Claire, a woman out of time and out of place, blessed with the uneasy gift of the kwledge of what is to come. In the past, that kwledge has brought both danger and deliverance to Jamie and Claire. Now it could be a flickering torch that will light their way through the perilous years ahead - or might ignite a conflagration that will leave their lives in ashes. The Fiery Cross is by turns poignant, page-turning, meticulous in its historical detail and searingly passionate.
- Author BiographyDIANA GABALDON is the author of the international bestselling Outlander novels, which have recently been turned into a television drama by Sony Pictures. Released by Starz in the US in 2014, Season One (based on the first book in the series Outlander (previously published as Cross Stitch) is being hailed as the new Game of Thrones, and surpassed 5 million viewers in its first week, setting multiplatform viewing records in the process. After just one episode, the series was renewed for a second season (based on the second book in the series, Dragonfly in Amber). The films are hits in Australia too, and a UK broadcaster will be confirmed soon. Diana is also the author of the Lord John Grey novels, and lives with her husband and dogs in Scottsdale, Arizona. To find out more visit www.dianagabaldon.com
- Author(s)Diana Gabaldon
- Date of Publication12/05/2001
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleOutlander
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/05/2015
- Weight738 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- michael82951010 Mar, 2014by
Book I badly wanted at a price I could easily afford.
I absolutely love the Outlander series of books by Diana Gabaldon. I bought The Fiery Cross to add to my collection. I will now look to buying book No. 7 plus the new book due out in June this year. Being a book-worm I have a few well loved volumes I can read when I run out of current material. All of my books have been pre-loved so my Fiery Cross fits in perfectly on the shelf. While still waiting for "time travel" to be discovered this series of books indulges my love of adventure, history and of course the idea of walking through standing stones and back into time by 200 years. Love it!
- brolga4524 Oct, 2012by
Be entralled by this awesome book!
No wonder this book received the awards it did. Number five of the Outlander series and once again Diana Gabaldon takes you for an exciting ride. I bought this book for my daughter to add to her others in the series. No camparison to other authors as DG does her research thoroughly and weaves her story of Jamie and Claire Fraser around the events of history.