All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe Film Studio sheds new light on the evolution of global film production, highlighting the role of film studios worldwide. The authors explore the contemporary international production environment, alleging that global competition is best understood as an unequal and unstable partnership between the 'design interest' of footloose producers and the 'location interest' of local actors. Ben Goldsmith and Tom O'Regan identify various types of film studios and investigate the consequences for Hollywood, international film production, and the studio locations.
- Author BiographyBen Goldsmith is a lecturer in the Centre for Screen Studies and Research at the Australian Film, Television, and Radio School in Sydney, Australia. Tom O'Regan is professor of media and cultural studies in the School of English, Media Studies, and Art History at the University of Queensland.
- Author(s)Ben Goldsmith,Tom O'Regan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/04/2005
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleCritical Media Studies: Institutions, Politics, and Culture
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.