All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMartin Scorsese is considered one of the world's great film directors, and a genuine auteur. The Films of Martin Scorsese, 1963-77 returns to his early career, covering his work from his student short films to New York, New York. Central is the detailed, theoretically informed discussion of the films themselves. This, however, is situated in relation both to the issue of film authorship and to a period of American filmmaking marked by crisis and change. The Films of Martin Scorsese, 1963-77 is a stimulating demonstration of sustained textual analysis, but also a significant intervention in the debates surrounding film authorship and an examination of the forces that shape the films and Scorsese's authorial discourse. About Scorsese's film- making, it is also about American cinema in the sixties and seventies, about, in short, authorship and context. Discussion of the films is informed by a combination of formal, psychoanalytic, and ideological approaches.
- Author BiographyLeighton Grist is Lecturer in Film and Media Studies at King Alfred's College, Winchester.
- Author(s)Leighton Grist
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/05/2000
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight470 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.