All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2004 book offers a comprehensive overview of Orson Welles' life and career, highlighting the shape of the filmmaker's career, his astonishing precocity and his extraordinary gifts that resulted in both splendid successes and puzzling failures. Examining the key and recurring themes of Welles' long and varied career, Robert Garis provides an appreciation and interpretative commentary of his films. At the core of this book are sustained readings of Welles' masterpieces, Citizen Kane and The Magnificent Ambersons, and critically incisive accounts of his other major films, The Lady from Shanghai, Touch of Evil, Othello, Macbeth, and Chimes at Midnight.
- Author(s)Robert Garis
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/03/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleCambridge Film Classics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note36 b/w illus.
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.