All listings for this product
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.78New
- AU $76.89New
- AU $36.17New
- AU $29.80New
- AU $77.88New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $19.67Trending at AU $22.88
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $36.17
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.06
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $87.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.04
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $93.67
About this product
- DescriptionAfter studying the techniques of the game's best putters over the past fifty years, and helping a few of them write books on the craft, I have come up with a consensus on putting technique that will put you in the tour pro class. I have found that there are some universals of technique that all golfers at every level of competence can put in their games and lower their scores. The consensus culminates in a stroke concept and method that almost all the great putters in the game's history have employed, and a lot of very good ones, some perhaps without even kwing it or at least articulating it. You will find little to mention of it in conventional putting instruction, even in the books on putting I have helped professionals write. I am confident this little book will improve your putting dramatically in a very short time.
- Author BiographyEditorial: Editor-at-Large, Golf Illustrated Magazine (1997-present); Editor-in-Chief, Golf Illustrated Magazine (1985-90; 1994-1996); Editor-in-Chief, Golf Magazine (1970-72). Wrote hundreds of articles for publications that include: The New York Times, Sports Illustrated, The Wall Street Journal, Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, Golf World, Sport, Senior Golfer, Golf Monthly (UK), USGA Golf Journal, Travel & Leisure, The Boston Globe Sunday Magazine, Signature, Diversion, Golf Journal, Links, The Majors Series, Golfiana, Golf Tips, The GolfWeb, idv/Sports Book Author: Histories/Biographies: Golf's Golden Grind, the History of the Tour (1974- Reprinted, 2000); Gettin' to the Dance Floor, an Oral History of American Golf (1986-Reprinted, 2000) The History of the PGA Tour (1989); The Golden Age of Golf: How America Came to Dominate the Old Scotsgame (2000); That's Golf, the Best of Barkow (2002);Gene Sarazen and Shell's Wonderful World of Golf (2004); Sam, The One and Only Sam Snead (2005), a biography. The Upset: Jack Fleck's Incredible Defeat of Ben Hogan for the US Open (2012); Golf's All-Time Firsts, Mosts, Leasts...and a Few Nevers (2012) Instructionals: The Good Sense of Golf (with Billy Casper, 1980); The Venturi Analysis (with Ken Venturi, 1982); The Venturi System (with Ken Venturi, 1983); The Master of Putting (with George Low, 1983- Reprinted, 1997); Play Lower Handicap Golf (with Phil Rodgers, 1986); Getting Set for Golf (with Carl Lohren, 1995); Dave Stockton's Putting Secrets (with Dave Stockton, 1996) Television/Radio: Chief Writer, Associate Producer, Shell's Wonderful World of Golf (1963-69); On-Camera Commentator, Inside the PGA Tour, and The Senior PGA Tour Shows (1986-1999); Play-by-play radio broadcaster and anchor of PGA, Senior PGA and LPGA Tour events for Sportsband, and One-on-One Sports (1986-92); Commentator, Sports Illustrated Golf Plus (1998) Awards: Winner of the USGA's International Golf Book of the Year award in 1986 for Gettin' to the Dance Floor, an Oral History of American Golf; Second and Third Place, Golf Writers Association of America magazine division (1983-95); 2003 Journalism Honoree, The Memorial Tournament; 2004 ING Non-Fiction book for Sarazen/Shell's Wonderful World of Golf; 2005 PGA of America Lifetime Achievement-Journalism. 2007 Linc Werden/Metropolitan Golf Writers Association (NY) Golf Journalism Award.
- Author(s)Al Barkow
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.