All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe story behind the major motion picture from Disney-starring Chris Pine, Eric Bana, and Casey Affleck-written by a recognized master of the genre- a blockbuster account of tragedy at sea . It's the winter of 1952 and a ferocious Nor'easter is pounding New England with howling winds and seventy-foot seas. Two oil tankers get caught in the violent storm off Cape Cod, its fury splitting the massive ships in two. Back on shore are four young Coast Guardsmen who are given a suicide mission. They must save the lives of the seamen left stranded in the killer storm, and they have to do it in a tiny lifeboat. The crew is led by Bernie Webber, who has to rely on prayer and the courage of his three crewmembers to pull off the impossible. As Webber and his crew sail into the teeth of the storm, each man comes to the realization that he may t come back alive. They've lost all navigation and have idea where the stranded seaman are, and have idea how to get back home. Whether by sheer luck or divine intervention, the crew stumbles upon the wounded ship in the darkness. More than thirty men appear at the railings of the SS Pendleton, all hoping to be saved. Once again, Webber and his crew face a daunting challenge. How can they rescue all these men with their tiny lifeboat? Dripping with suspense and high-stakes human drama, The Finest Hours has incredible and astonishing true-to-life heroism and action-packed rescue scenes. This marvelous and terrifying yarn (Los Angeles Times) deserves a place as a classic of survival at sea .
- Author BiographyMichael J. Tougias is the author of a number of books, including The Rescue of the Bounty, Overboard!, Fatal Forecast, and Ten Hours Until Dawn: The True Story of Heroism and Tragedy Aboard the Can Do. He is a sought-after lecturer who gives more than seventy presentations each year. He lives in Massachusetts. Casey Sherman is the author of two novels, Black Irish and Black Dragon. He's also the author of the acclaimed true crime thriller A Rose for Mary: The Hunt for the Real Boston Strangler. Sherman has been nominated for an Emmy Award, has appeared on dozens of national television programs, and has been profiled by numerous magazines and newspapers. He lives in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Casey Sherman,Michael J. Tougias
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight209 g
- Width139 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementMedia Tie-In
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.