All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionSometime in the first half of the twentieth century, a coterie of fire ants came ashore from South American ships docked in Mobile, Alabama. They invaded the South, damaging crops, harassing game animals and hindering harvesting methods. The US Dept of Agriculture developed a campaign that failed to eradicate the ants ..
- Author BiographyA scholar of the overlap of politics, biology, and ecology in twentieth-century America, Joshua Blu Buhs has written articles that have appeared in Isis, Environmental History, The World of Genetics, and Journal of the History of Biology.
- Author(s)J.B. Buhs
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication19/11/2004
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, 1 port.
- Weight324 g
- Width141 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.